New Website Coming Soon
We’re remodeling our website! Please stay tuned for the updated site and reach out to us with any comments, concerns, or questions.
Here’s some basic information about us:
“In response to the compassionate and welcoming love of Jesus, DASH Network exists to love asylum seekers by serving their physical and relational needs.”
DASH Network is a Christian ministry that supports the physical and relational needs of Asylum Seekers facing homelessness in the DFW area while they wait to receive their work permit. We aim to equip all residents with the ability to thrive in America once they graduate from the DASH program.
Who is an Asylum Seeker?
A person who is unable to return to their country due to persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, gender, membership in a social group, or political opinion – and have asked the US to grant them Asylum, or safety.
From the time an asylum seeker enters the U.S. until they receive their work permit, there is a ~2-3 years waiting period while our government processes their case. During this time, Asylum Seekers are not eligible for any government assistance and are legally unable to work. DASH Network exists to fill this gap until our residents are legally able to provide for themselves. We aim to equip all residents with the ability to thrive in America following their graduation from the DASH program.
Services We Offer
Apply for Housing
If you are an Asylum Seeker in need of housing, please fill out the contact form below or contact Jennifer Schnitzius at [email protected]
Contact out Staff
Executive Director – Munatsi Manyande [email protected]
Director of Operations – Jennifer Schnitzius [email protected]
Director of Communication & Events – Sharlyn Francis [email protected]
Director of Social Services – Selam Gebrekurstos [email protected]
Volunteer Coordinator – Sarah Lowry [email protected]
PO Box 470783, Fort Worth, TX 76147
- Donate Household Items & Appliances – new or gently used
- Move-In/Move-Out Volunteers – We always need people with trucks!
- Host a DASH 101 via Zoom or in-person with you at your office, church, or friends
- Host a Toiletries Drive
Ongoing Volunteer Roles
- Become an Advocate – 1:1 friendship with an asylum seeker can help serve both of your relational and spiritual needs
- Become a Host Home – single women or women with small children are hosted in homes throughout DFW
- Volunteer with our Food Team – pick up and/or distribute food or grocery shop with residents
- Get creative! We’d love to hear your ideas on how you can serve DASH with your specific gifts.
To inquire about how you can get involved, please fill out the Volunteer form or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Lowry, at [email protected].